Date(s) - 11/09/2017
5:45 pm - 8:30 pm
What is a Edcamp PreK all about?
Edcamps are free, participant-driven Professional Development which is done in an “unconference” format. Session topics are determined by participants, and there are no pre-scheduled presentations or keynotes. The goal is to keep sessions spontaneous, interactive and responsive to everyone’s needs. (Watch this video to learn more.)
We are adapting the Edcamp style to create a shorter PD session for infant, toddler and preschool teachers, as well as child care staff and administrators.
How will Edcamp PreK work?
Participants register and submit session topic ideas.
Have a question you would love some feedback on? A favorite learning center you want to talk more about? An issue that you would like to learn some strategies to resolve? Submit one or multiple topics for consideration. Session topics for the event will be decided and publicized before the event.
You choose what sessions to attend.
Participants are encouraged to actively self-select breakout sessions that are of interest; and politely leave a session that does not meet their needs.
Experience, not Experts. Everyone participates!
Everyone is worthy of sharing their expertise in a collaborative setting. You are encouraged to ask questions, share best practices and actively participate in each session to get the most out of the training.
Take notes … and leave with a wealth of information!
Digital notes will be taken in Google docs that will be accessible by all participants. Feel free to bring laptops, tablets or other devices to take notes – or bring a pen and paper. Afterwards you’ll have access to notes from ALL the sessions (even the ones you didn’t attend)!
Edcamp PreK CT Schedule
DATE: Thursday, November 9, 2017
- 5:45pm – 6:00pm:…Check-In/Snacks
- 6:00pm – 6:10pm:…Edcamp PreK Ground Rules
- 6:15pm – 6:55pm:…Session 1
- 7:00pm – 7:40pm:…Session 2
- 7:45pm – 8:25pm:…Session 3
- 8:30pm:……………….Wrap-Up / Certificates
Does it cost anything to attend?
- No way … this training is free! All we ask is you come ready to ask questions, share your best resources and strategies and be open to learning something new!
Will I get a certificate of participation?
- Yes. You will have an activity log to write down what sessions you attended and some reflection notes. At the end you will get a certificate stating your participation to attach to your activity log.
Is there anything else I should know?
- I am organizing this training as a project for a graduate course I am taking in Educational Technology at the University of Saint Joseph. For the project, parts of this training will be recorded and produced into a 3-4 minute multi-media presentation for educational purposes. Your attendance constitutes an agreement to the use and distribution of your image in photographs, videotapes, and electronic reproductions to be displayed in class and on The SEEDS Network website for the purpose of educating others in the edcamp model of professional development training.
Sounds great! What do I do now?
- Submit a topic (or two) that you want to learn more about in the “padlet” below. Just click on the pink plus sign (+) to add a text box and type your idea. Topics that are chosen for the breakout sessions will be communicated a few days prior to the training, so you can plan ahead.
- Register! Submit your name and email address in the form at the bottom and click the “REGISTER” button.
- Questions? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations are closed for this event.