- View an Overview of Position Statement
- View how incorporating technology and interactive media should be used with preschoolers and kindergartners
- Selected Resources on Technology in Early Childhood Education
“The use of technology is a single experience among many ways to contribute to the understanding of a particular concept.” -- Brian Puerling, Teaching in the Digital Age
Technology is just another tool in a teacher's toolbox
- Watch a video of something like apple cider being made before actually making it.
- Use videos to learn/hear other languages.
- Video conference with family members of children in class who speak other languages.
- Use digital cameras to photograph field trips or special events - use photos to create a class book or PowerPoint slide with captions to extend learning about the trip or topic.
- Take pictures of children reading books, holding books properly, turning pages by the corners, etc and display in reading area.
- View other ideas of using digital cameras for literacy on Pre-K Pages blog
- Using CD players or iPods to listen songs, dance, learn multicultural music.
- Record a class song and share it on a class website, burn a CD or email to families to listen to.
Another tool to learn to Write / Draw:
- Use SMART board pens to practice writing and drawing on a large scale before practicing on paper.
- Share children’s writing/drawing using document camera or make a Powerpoint and display using a laptop and projector.