The SEEDS Network is available for on-site training sessions other professional development events for teachers, parents and other support organizations. We have presented at conferences, retreats and schools throughout Connecticut (see “Where we’ve been“).
Below is a list of workshops and trainings that we have presented – and we can also create and tailor new workshop topics according to your needs. Contact us if you would like to have us bring a workshop or training to your location.
“Bringing Literacy to Life!”
(featuring Book & Boogie)
This presentation will allow participants to look at literacy through new eyes, giving them tips and ideas to execute in their classrooms immediately and at low cost. Participants will be able to integrate literacy components throughout their classroom, as well as strengthening what literacy activities they are already doing. Participants will also learn about incorporating literacy with music and movement through a fun activity. This workshop will be a combination of lecture, discussion and hands-on activities in order to get participants out of their seats and having fun!
“Book & Boogie BOOST!”
A follow-up to “Bringing Literacy to Life” our BOOST trainings will offer tips on conducting engaging and interactive read-alouds, along with learning the steps to 4 new Book & Boogie activities!
“Effective Ways to Bring the CT Preschool Curriculum Frameworks into the Classroom”
The goals for this workshop:
- Familiarize teachers with intentional teaching practices, using excerpts from “The Intentional Teacher: by Ann S. Epstein
- Provide tips on effective ways to align lesson plans & classroom centers with the CT Preschool Curriculum Frameworks in an intentional way
- Provide lesson planning templates to help teachers organize their day/week
- Discuss the CT Preschool Framework Assessment tool and how to incorporate the assessment into classroom observations
- Learn how to use assessments to plan future lessons for individual children/classes
- Discuss ways to successfully share the information with parents on an on-going basis
- Discuss ways to combine intentional teaching strategies along with CT Preschool Frameworks in order to provide meaningful emergent experiences
“Intentional Teaching of Personal & Social Skills in the Early Childhood Classroom”
This workshop will share resources, ideas and activities that support and promote personal and social development in the preschool classroom. Topics will include intentional teaching of personal and social skills, classroom setup and lesson plan ideas, a review of books that focus on social development and a hands-on activity.
“Observing and Assessing using the CT Preschool Assessment Frameworks”
The goals for this workshop:
- Discuss on the CT Preschool Framework Assessment tool and how to incorporate the assessment into classroom observations.
- Share methods of observation and assessment that can be used for customized and intentional teaching.
- Learn how to use assessments to plan future lessons for individual children/classes.
- Discuss ways to successfully share the information with parents on an on-going basis.
- Provide the opportunity to reflect on the entire experience of the observations, share stories with other classroom teachers, and make a plan for future execution and assessment of the CT Preschool Frameworks.
“Teaching tools for success“
During this workshop we will discuss:
- Intentional teaching practices (using excerpts from “The Intentional Teacher” by Ann S. Epstein)
- How assessment tools like Ages & Stages and the CT Preschool Assessment Frameworks can be used to create intentional activities
- Tools (such as the SEEDS Idea Search) that can aid staff in finding age-appropriate, intentional teaching activities]
“Technology in Early Childhood”
This workshop will provide teachers and administrators with ways to embrace and integrate technology into the early childhood classroom. Topics will include low cost and innovative ways to incorporate technology, ways teachers can use technology to enhance their curriculum, collaborate with other teachers, reflect on learning experiences, and communicate with families.
“Tools for team building and stress relief“
During this workshop we will discuss things that you, your staff and the families that you serve can do to increase morale and reduce stress. This workshop will be hands-on, where participants will engage in team building and make-and-take activities.
Contact us if you would like to have us bring a workshop or training to your location.