The SEEDS Network strives to provide resources to assist preschool teachers in early learning child care programs in their quest to provide high quality care and education. The topics in this section of the website are geared towards providing useful information for early childhood teachers.
- “Fostering Trusting Relationships” – video* » This segment looks at why trusting, supportive relationships are important, ways to show warmth and authentic ways to respond to children.
- “Arranging the Classroom” – video* » This segment looks at three ideas teachers can use to arrange classrooms to guide children’s behavior. The segment also explores how rearranging the classroom can address behavior problems.
- “Selecting Classroom Materials and Planning the Schedule” – video* » This segment looks at how both materials and the daily schedule can affect children’s behavior, and discusses why creating balance in the classroom promotes a positive and productive learning environment.
- “Establishing Classroom Rules” – video* » This segment discusses the importance of establishing classroom rules in order to help guide children’s behavior. This segment includes steps for involving children in creating classroom rules, and for regularly reviewing rules throughout the year.
- “Responding to Behavior Problems and Resolving Conflicts” – video* » This segment explores four different responses teachers can use when children break rules and also discusses the importance of modeling appropriate behavior for children.
- “Helping Children Identify and Express Emotions” – video* » This segment identifies strategies teachers can use to help children understand and express their emotions in an appropriate way.
* Video links developed by The Center for Early Childhood Education at Eastern Connecticut State University as part of the Guiding Young Children’s Behavior series of training videos.