We just started our blog – and we’re already having a party! I am excited to be able to participate in a “Book Study Blog Party” organized by Pre-K Pages (click the link for all the details). Several great early childhood bloggers will be discussing chapters of the book “Literacy Beginnings” by Gay Su Pinnell and Irene C. Fountas. I am particularly excited about using this book as a way to further my own professional development. And do you see the cool yellow chapter tabs in the picture! (Yes, these little things make me happy!)
I invite you to join us! The more the merrier, so we can all learn from each other’s experiences. There are several ways you can participate:
1. Get a copy of the book, read along, and offer your own thoughts by commenting on the blogs, or on your own blog if you have one.
2. Ask the director of your child care program if they would purchase the book as a resource for your program. Offer to read the book and participate in the blog party and present your findings to the staff at your program as a professional development opportunity.
3. Team up with a co-teacher or other early childhood professional to purchase the book together and share it.
4. If you don’t have the book, you can still participate by checking in and reading the blog postings on each chapter and providing comments.
I looked around a little bit and found a coupon code that can be used to purchase the book from bn.com, if anyone is interested!
•15% off One Item for All Customers
* Use Barnes and Noble Coupon L7C8F9D (Details) [Exp. 07/12]
The party starts on June 27th! Hope you will join us!