For programs who shut down over the summer or for those who run a summer camp program, it’s somewhat bittersweet to return to school in the fall. For me, it is always sad to see summer come to a close, but there is also something exciting about a new school year starting.
Here are some things that I look forward to as a new academic year kicks off….please feel free to share your excitement with us too.
- Meeting new students and parents
- Greeting returning students and seeing how much they have grown since last year.
- Ordering supplies for our teachers and watching them get excited about setting their classrooms up.
- Having our floors waxed and buffed…that smell reminds me of back to school!
- In-service training….I do in fact enjoy spending time with my staff and getting to know them better while we train.
- Hosting our “stop by and say hi” event. I love watching our students come in to see their cubbies, meet their teachers, and see their classrooms.
For me, the beginning of the school year represents a new beginning for us. I find that staff are at their most energized and motivated…..a very special time of year. If you share in my excitement we’d love to hear from you!