We are in the middle of summer camp, and last week was all about animals. We broke out each day to focus on certain kinds of animals – we had Zoo Animals, On the Farm, Pet Day, Pond Life and Jungle Adventure. Here are a few of the activities that we had for each of these days:
On the Farm
• BOOKS: “Funny Farm” and “Cows can’t fly”
• SNACK: Chicken feed (mix of sunflower seeds, dried fruit and cereal)
• GAME: Pretend to milk a cow – use latex gloves will small holes in it, filled with milk and have them squeeze them over a bucket (be sure there are no latex allergies in your group first
• CRAFT: Mixed up Animals
• BOOKS: “Good boy Fergus” and “Wanted, The Perfect Pet”
• SNACK: Fish bowl snack (glass bowl of blue jello with swedish fish)
• GAMES: Doggy, doggy where’s your bone and Pet Hospital
• CRAFT: Dog bone prints (get various size dog bone treats and have children dip them in paint and stamp with them on paper)
• BOOKS: “Jumbled Jungle” or “Click Clack Crocodile’s Back”
• SNACK: Banana treats (cut bananas in half, put them on popsicle stick, spread honey on them and roll them in sprinkles or shredded coconut and freeze)
• GAME: Animal relay races (have children race pretending to be elephants, bears, tigers, etc) and Alligator’s Go!
• ART: Have a teacher do animal face painting
More on animal crafts next week when we have a guest post from popular blogger, Maggy Woodley from Red Ted Art!